Gastown, Vancouver, BC Canada
Karma Athletics is searching for an extremely competent, natural leader who is proactive, solutions-oriented and enthusiastically motivated to develop amazing champions, grow the business, provide excellent customer service and positively impact their surrounding community. As a Karma Store Manager, you are an empowered, stylish, goal - oriented individual. You are driven, ambitious and visionary.
There will be on job training at Tsawwassen Mills Pop-up store before Gastown Flagship store opening in June 2017.
Full Time, Permanent
- Accountable for all aspects of the retail store operations, including store budget and staff costs.
- Ensures that the daily needs to run the business are taken care of.
- Proactively plans for inventory replenishment.
- Plans and implements weekly merchandise displays.
- Schedules staff according to business requirements and budgets.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures and incorporates into daily business.
- Leads by example on the retail floor by establishing principles for success in product knowledge, customer service and sell through.
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment.
- Hiring an outstanding team that is able to produce results.
- Responsible for providing product feedback to designers.
Required Business Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- 2+ years of management experience, retail preferred.
- Ability to work varied hours/days to oversee store operations.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in business, marketing or related field preferred.
- Excellent intrapersonal communication skills – verbal and written.
- Extraordinary customer service, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem resolution skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Merchandising experience is an asset.
- Ability to speak Chinese (Mandarin) is a plus.
- Lives the culture and value system of Karma including the Principals of Good Karma: Karma, Integrity, Empowerment and Innovation, and having fun.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Upbeat, optimistic, passionate, friendly, and customer service oriented.
- Responsible and dependable.
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity.
- Passionate about sports and a healthy lifestyle.
- Self- motivated, passionate, empathetic, and approachable.
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
- Desire to excel and succeed.
- Self-awareness, with desire for constant self -improvement (goal-oriented).
- Nurtures an environment of constant learning and growth.
Compensation Range – Let’s discuss!
Only qualified candidates need to apply. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. We appreciate and thank you for your interest.
What is Karma?
Karma is the athletic apparel brand of choice for healthy, active people who value fashion, quality and social responsibility.
Developing garments authentically from a yoga background, Karma believes in the idea that what you put out into the world, you get back.
Karma is a brand beyond the mainstream.
Karma exists to empower people who proudly stand apart from the crowd, those who are ready to elevate their wardrobes, their lives and the world.
Karma is style – driven apparel, backed by technical functionality and social conscience, coveted by bold, independent thinkers.
Clothing for movement. Clothing for a movement. ™